RAPID EPS＆RAPID CRS vol.4
For ADME screening. Good injection with “EPS”
and good sealing with “CRS”.
We had an interview with Ms.S who is working on the pharmacokinetics research
with the RAPID EPS and the RAPID CRS.
（Interviewee: Ms.S, ADME Screening in Pharmaceutical Manufacturer）
- How do you use plate seals in your research?
- I use 96 or 384 well plate with your plate seals when handling the large number of screening samples.
- You have been purchasing the seal regularly throughout the year, and what kind of work do you use the plate seals with?
- First of all, it is used for storage of test samples or for measurement. In the assay we put the EPS on and inject samples with LC auto-sampler. After the measurement, the CRS is pasted on then stored in the refrigerator.
- What did you use before you started using EPS or CRS?
- I was using the plate seal from the company S, but it was not good for injection so I also use the silicon mat. However, as the silicon mat’s been punched for many times, the slit part becomes dirty, so it was necessary to wash to avoid the contamination which’s been time-consuming. Also the silicon mat is quite expensive, but still is needed to replace with the new one after used for 5-6 times. I also look up the aluminum heat seal, but it was not as convenient as EPS is.
- To exclude the washing process and for your effective procedure EPS was selected. Why did you select the CRS then?
- The large number of samples has been stored in the refrigerator after the measurement, and we had the strong acetonitrile odor in the box. So we tried the CRS which gives good airtight sealing and prevents the sample volatilization. Now we don’t have acetonitrile odor filled in the refrigerator any more.
- As the number of samples increase, the odor gets stronger but I’m appreciated that CRS works fine to solve your problem. How many of samples do you operate a month? You’ve been consuming quite many of EPS and CRS every month.
- In the early stages of developing drugs, it is necessary to change the conditions even for one compound and set that to various evaluation items. The most important thing is that it does not contaminate, so we are replacing EPS even during the assay, so the consumption amount is increasing.
We process 10 samples, and hope all of them to be developed for medicine.
- To increase the probability, it is also necessary to increase the number of samples. The many number of evaluation items are required to create medicines.
- Right. I use the plates manufactured in overseas, and we detect tiny scratch, print mistake or even the product package is received empty. Then we have to spend lots of time to return, but I thank to products made in Japan. We don’t have such case, and can use your products with confidence.
- We are appreciated for all your positive comment. Thank you.
This time we heard from Ms.S working in ADME screening as for the initial development of drugs. She’s been operating the compound evaluation for the large number of samples in 96 or 384 wells. In her process EPS that gives the good injection ability in LC eliminates her work washing he silicon mat. Also the CRS’s high airtightness works fine to prevent the acetonitrile odor in the refrigerator, improving her daily research environment.
If you’d like to try samples or have any questions, please feel free to contact us.